Server Job Description
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
- Provide exceptional knowledge of food & beverage menu items as well as information regarding preparation methods.
- Communicate guest orders including any special needs or requests to the kitchen using the Flaherty’s point-of-sales system.
- Coordinate food timings and check completed kitchen orders with the guest’s original order.
- Responsible for delivering all food and beverage items to the guest table in a timely manner to ensure proper food quality.
- Responsible for accurately closing guest checks and processing cash and credit card payments.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, prepare and review written documents accurately and completely.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and support team to reach common goals.
- At least 1 year of experience working as a server required
- Must be able to work on your feet throughout the entire shift;
- Strong customer service skills required. Willing to go above and beyond for guests’ satisfaction;
- POS software experience is a plus.
- Must have a reliable source of transportation for all scheduled shifts.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure with bussers, servers, and other staff.
- Maintain professional presentation (must adhere to company and department dress code)
- Ability to think clearly in a fast-paced work environment.
- Outstanding guest service skills
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Drivers license