Line Cook Job Description
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safety and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Assist with the cleaning and organization of kitchen and equipment
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- At least 1 year of experience working as a line cook in a restaurant recommended
- Must be able to work on your feet throughout the entire shift;
- Strong communication skills required.
- Must have a reliable source of transportation for all scheduled shifts.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, frying, sautee etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure with expos, servers, chefs, and other staff.
- Maintain professional presentation (must adhere to company and department dress code)
- Ability to think clearly in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Drivers license