Host / Hostess Job Description
- Seat guests and provide menus
- Rotate seating between different stations to ensure even workloads for waitstaff
- Provide patrons with accurate wait time estimates during busy periods
- Maintain a neat, organized front-of-house environment
- Seat guests and take initial drink orders as needed to ensure ideal speed of service
- Assist with opening/closing tasks and side work as needed
- Learn food and beverage menu ino order to take to-go and online orders
- Answer phones and schedule reservations with large parties
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 16 years of age.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Detail oriented with ability to prioritize tasks.
- Have a reliable source of transportation for all scheduled shifts.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure with bussers, servers, and other staff.
- Maintain professional presentation (must adhere to company and department dress code)
- Ability to think clearly in a fast-paced work environment.
- Outstanding guest service skills
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Drivers license